I am still a little out of sorts as a result of the fire so please forgive the lack of photos. I'm hoping to have Internet access at the office sometime this upcoming week and that will let me more easily post some photos. As it is, I am having to do these posts from home at late hours of the evening.
Today was a great day as we managed to get 13 holes worth of tees seeded today. We should see germination in those by the weekend. Only 8-10 and number one are left to seed and those will be done very shortly. The contractor continued prepping the remaining tees for sod today and by the end of tomorrow should only have number 10 and 1 to accomplish.
By now, most of you have noticed the greens have germinated and are steadily filling in. It has only been 7-10 days since the initial seeding depending on the green. We tried to kick start the growth further today with a fertility application. Our current thinking is to begin smoothing these surfaces using the greens mowers - with the mowing reels off - late this week. If successful, we should be mowing these greens for the first time one week from today.
With the construction of greens and tees nearly complete, MacCurrach has already begun to remove the old sand from the bunkers. We anticipate it being full steam ahead on the bunkers late this week or very early next week.
I hope to post photos soon, please bare with....